A brief scan of the commentary following a letter about trash contracts suggests that many of the attackers are unable to understand what they read, or else they are unwilling to keep their promises.
Experts on Costa Mesa who live in Newport Beach, and elsewhere, including, supposedly, Sacramento, are vigorously defending the Sanitary District. Apparently they believe that the best way to do so is to attack, personally and sometimes with threats, those who believe trash contracts should be competitive. Even more vicious personal attacks from the usual haters who are Costa Mesa residents rounds out the vitriol of those with made up names — and who knows where they live?
The logic behind the Sanitary District’s no-bid contracting hasn’t yet been presented. Perhaps the haters have poor reading skills, or are just so anxious to spew that they don’t take time to research issues and think about them logically.
They must have flunked Junior High School, as well as Kindergarten.
Commenting Policy (Daily Pilot)»
When posting to DailyPilot.com, you agree to not provide comments that:
* are posted using false or fake names.
* contain vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature.
* are defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violate the privacy rights of any third party, are unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community.
* discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refer to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
* “flame” any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or make derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeat prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
A local blogger was apparently “dumped” from Facebook for 90 days earlier this year. The lesson didn’t sink in.